Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Love My Husband...and my doctor! :)

So, this weekend I was starting to have pretty bad allergies that I thought would eventually go away. It is a weird concept to think that just a little while ago I could have easily taken some Clartin and called it a day! But, with the new little baby coming - no drugs for me. I tried to stay calm but I think Andrew had a hard time. He was trying everything to make me feel better. He is such a good "manager" of the baby. He called the doctor and they said I could have a vapiorizer so he went and got one. He helped me clean all of the sheets and we deep cleaned the house. Isn't he awesome! I was still not feeling better and then on Monday morning I got really sick. I knew at this point I had a sinus infection and I needed to do something about it. We went to see my OBGYN to make sure I would be safe with whatever we had to do as far as medicine. Can I just say my doctor rocks?! Of course, I was crying in the waiting room because I was terrified that I was sick and that I was going to hurt the baby. Andrew tried to calm me down but if you know me well enough I was still freaking out. When the doctor came in he was so calm and checked out my face and told me that everything was going to be ok. When I started to cry harder....he asked me a very important question..... "Have you been reading all of the pregnancy books?" I of course answered, "Yes and I am trying to do everything right but I get scared." He then said something that made me feel at ease, "STOP READING THEM! Of course you are going through a lot of emotions and I would be freaked out if I was preganat too!"

Now, how funny is that! My doctor is great and he is getting me back on the road to feeling better. I actually had enough strength tonight to finally make dinner for Andrew and I. He has been doing a lot and I don't know what I would do without him! :)

Thank you for all of your prayers and love. :)

No comments: